Sometimes something happens and you need to clean your plush toys.
If they just get a little bit dirty you can give them a surface wash, but if they get really dirty, or soaked through with something yucky, you’ll need to give them a bath.
We gave our Yoshi a bath after he fell in the toilet! Ewwwww. You will learn a lesson with this video!
Most Mario plushes are not meant to be washed in the washing machine or dried in the dryer. So here’s’ what you can do:
- Hand wash it in a clean sink or bowl with cold water.
- If you want to add soap, use a tiny amount, like just a drop or two, otherwise it’s too hard to rinse all the bubbles out.
- Scrub with a clean toothbrush if scrubbing is necessary.
- Rinse with different, clean water. If you want, you can put in a very small bit of vinegar or fabric softener in the rinse water so they don’t get stiff.
- Hang dry, preferably outside in the sun. That will help disinfect them. We used a hanger with the clips on it like you sometimes see for pants or skirts.
Be careful though! Some, like the piranha plant, can’t be submersed at all because they have cardboard inside. Make sure to look at the tag for the one you want to wash.